Team Fortress 2 Admin Console Commands
Listed below are the console commands which are available to our admin staff on our TF2 servers. Like many Team Fortress 2 servers, we've install a number of plug-ins to either help the admin in managing the server, (when in game), or to make the game more fun to the people who play on the server, but do not alter things like weapons stats or gameplay. The "fun" plug-ins listed on this page are not installed on the match server, just the admin ones.
Most of the admin console commands can be executed by using the "!admin" command, which will bring up the admin panel on the left hand side of the screen, and we advise all admin to use that most of the time if they need to do something on the server, e.g. kick or ban a person for breaking the server rules. There will be times when a certain command is not listed in the admin panel and so we recommend our admin staff to refer to this page to find the necessary command they need.
Commands do not have to be entered through the console; they can be entered via chat triggers. For example, saying "!ban bail" in chat will execute the same command as "sm_ban" and forward the output to chat. You can also use "/" instead of "!" to suppress your command from being shown to users.
All console command functionality is provide by a single command "meta", with multiple sub-commands:
Usage: meta <command> [<arguments>]
Valid commands are:
|version||N/A||Display Metamod version info|
|list||N/A||List plugins currently loaded|
|cmds||N/A||List console cmds registered by plugins|
|cvars||N/A||List cvars registered by plugins|
|refresh||N/A||Load/unload any new/deleted/updated plugins|
|config||N/A||Show config info loaded from config.ini|
|load||<name>||Find and load a plugin with the given name|
|unload||<plugin>||Unload a loaded plugin|
|reload||<plugin>||Unload a plugin and load it again|
|info||<plugin>||Show all information about a plugin|
|pause||<plugin>||Pause a loaded, running plugin|
|unpause||<plugin>||Unpause a previously paused plugin|
|retry||<plugin>||Retry a plugin that previously failed its action|
|clear||<plugin>||Clear a failed plugin from the list|
|force_unload||<plugin>||Forcibly unload a loaded plugin|
|require||<plugin>||Exit server if plugin not loaded/running|
Where <plugin> can be either the plugin index number, or a non-ambiguous prefix string matching description or file.
Also, a single cvar is available:
- meta_debug - set debugging level
How to Target
- name - Exact name match, or partial name match (if the partial string is unique).
- #userid - If userid is numeric, the player will be targeted by their userid (found via the "users" command).
- #steamid - Matches by Steam ID. If you use colons (:), you must enclose in quotes. Otherwise, you can use an underscore (_) instead. Examples: "#STEAM_0:1:000000", #STEAM_0_1_000000
- #<name> - Exact name match after the # sign.
- @all - All players (available on most commands).
- @bots - All bots (available on most commands).
- @alive - All alive players (available on most commands that accept alive players).
- @dead - All dead players (available on most commands that accept dead players).
- @humans - All non-bot players (available on most commands).
- @aim - Current player the admin is directly aiming at.
- @me - Target self.
- @!me - Target everyone but yourself.
Note that name matches occur last, "magic targets" (such as # and @) are processed first. This means that "@all" will target @all players, even if there is a player named "@all". You should target "#@all" instead.
Team Fortress 2 Only:
- @red - All RED team members
- @blue - All BLU team members
These are basic commands found in plugins that have been deemed safe for War Mode; they provide simple functionality for administering your server.
|sm_admin||N/A||Displays the admin menu.|
|sm_kick||<#userid|name> [reason]||Kicks a player.|
|sm_addban||<time> <steamid> [reason]||Adds a Steam ID to Source's ban list.|
|sm_ban||<#userid|name> <minutes|0> [reason]||Bans a client.|
|sm_banip||<ip|#userid|name> <time> [reason]||Adds an IP address to Source's ban list. Only someone with rcon access can ban an arbitrary IP.|
|sm_cancelvote||N/A||Cancels any vote in progress.|
|sm_cvar||<cvar> [value]||Retrieves or changes a cvar value. Protected cvars can only be accessed with rcon access, and sv_cheats can only be accessed with cheat access.|
|sm_execcfg||<filename>||Executes a config file (path not needed, but extension is).|
|sm_help||[search]||Lists all admin commands. Output is paginated and a page number can be specified. Alternately, a search term can be specified to search for a specific command.|
|sm_map||<map>||Changes the current map.|
|sm_rcon||<argstring>||Executes the argument string via rcon. Due to Source limitations, you cannot see any RCON output.|
|sm_reloadadmins||N/A||Refreshes the Admin cache from all sources.|
|sm_unban||<steamid|ip>||Unbans a Steam ID or an IP.|
|sm_who||[#userid|name]||Lists all users and their access rights, or a specific user's access rights.|
These commands provide extended functionality that may not be present on all games, either due to game or engine differences. In general, they work on the most popular mods.
|sm_beacon||<target>||Adds a ring around each target, making them easily visible.|
|sm_burn||<target> [time]||Sets the target(s) on fire for the specified amount of time. If specified, burning effect will stop after the [time] seconds.|
|sm_csay||<message>||Sends a centered message to all players.|
|sm_gag||<target>||Prevents the target(s) from using messagemode/say chat.|
|sm_hsay||<message>||Sends a message to all players via a center-bottom hint box.|
|sm_msay||<message>||Sends a message as a menu panel (only meaningful on games that support radio menus).|
|sm_mute||<target>||Prevents the target(s) from using voice chat.|
|sm_play||<target> <file>||Plays a sound file on the server to each target.|
|sm_psay||<target> <message>||Sends a private chat message to a single target.|
|sm_rename||<#userid|name>||Changes the name of a player.|
|sm_resetcvar||<cvar>||Resets CVAR value back to default.|
|sm_say||<message>||Sends a say-chat message to all players.|
|sm_silence||<target>||Performs both a gag and mute on the target(s).|
|sm_slap||<target> [damage]||"Slaps" a player, emitting a noise and throwing them in a random direction. If specified, the damage amount will be subtracted from each target's health.|
|sm_slay||<target>||Kills a player.|
|sm_tsay||[color] <message>||Sends a top-left message to all players. If no color is specified, the text will be white. Colors available are: white, red, green, blue, yellow, purple, cyan, orange, pink, olive, lime, violet, lightblue. The names are not case sensitive.|
|sm_ungag||<target>||Allows the target(s) to use messagemode/say chat again.|
|sm_unmute||<target>||Allows the target(s) to use voice chat again.|
|sm_unsilence||<target>||Performs both an ungag and unmute on the target(s).|
These commands are listed separately as they are all related to voting. None of them are available in war mode by default.
|sm_vote||<question> [answer1] [answer2] [answer3] ...||Starts an arbitrary vote with the given arguments as answers.|
|sm_votealltalk||N/A||Starts a vote to change the value of sv_alltalk.|
|sm_voteban||<target> [reason]||Starts a vote to ban a single player for thirty minutes.|
|sm_voteburn||<target>||Starts a vote to burn a single player.|
|sm_voteff||N/A||Starts a vote to change the value of mp_friendlyfire.|
|sm_votegravity||<amount> [amount2] [amount3] ...||Initiates a vote to change the value of sv_gravity.|
|sm_votekick||<target> [reason]||Starts a vote to kick a single player.|
|sm_votemap||<map> [map2] [map3] ...||Starts a vote to change the map.|
|sm_voteslay||<target>||Starts a vote to slay a single player.|
Admin List commands
List all admin who are playing on the server. There are no admin commands as this plug-in is for public use, so please refer to the TF2 public commands page on how to use the commands for this plug-in.
Fun Cvars Settings commands
|sm_svgrav||<gravity>||Sets the gravity in the game to <gravity>. 800 is the default value, lower gravity allows you to jump much higher.|
|sm_svff||<1/0>||Turns friendly fire on or off. Note: you cant shoot engineer's buildings, Pyro flames wont hurt team mates, and spies still won't show blood when you shoot them while disguised (but your team mates will)|
|sm_svalltalk||<1/0>||Turns all-talk on or off.|
|sm_mprst||<time>||Alters the respawn times. Setting this to 0 will give an instant respawn. A value lower than 10 will respawn faster than normal, a value above 10 will respawn slower than normal. The map your playing will also effect how fast you spawn if this is set to anything other than 0. So don't set this to 6 thinking that everybody will always spawn after 6 seconds, they wont. This seems to also reset to the default value of 10 after a map change.|
|sm_alpha||<target>||sets player alpha (visibility) 0 is invisible, 255 is opaque (normal)|
|sm_colorize||<target>||sets player color (normal to revert)|
|sm_ff||N/A||toggles friendly fire (this is triggered from the Server Commands admin menu)|
|sm_happy||N/A||Replaces clients text chat with strings from happy_phrases.ini|
|sm_invis||<target>||toggles or sets player invisibility|
|sm_invisplayer||<target>||Toggles or sets player invisibility (does not affect player weapon)|
|sm_tele||<target>||Teleports player to where admin is looking|
|sm_explode||<target>||Explodes player(s) (only works with games supporting the 'explode' client console cmd, eg TF2)|
|sm_disco||N/A||changes all players colors to random every x seconds (this is triggered from the Server Commands admin menu). x is defined by cvar sm_discointerval.|
|sm_me||N/A||performs an IRC style 'me' action.|
|sm_colorize_colors||N/A||Displays colors available to sm_colorize|
|sm_colorme||<color>||Allows players to colorize themselves.|
|sm_discointerval||<time>||Interval in seconds for how often players colors will change in disco mode. Default is 0.6 seconds.|
|sm_autodisco||<1|0>||If enabled, discomode is enabled on map change.|
|sm_autodiscotime||<time>||Time in seconds to run auto disco mode for, default 60.0|
|sm_sa_me||<1|0>||Toggles availability of sm_me command, defaults to on.|
|sm_selfcolorize||<1|0>||Toggles ability to use sm_colorme command|
GameMe Stats commands
- There are no admin commands for GameMe Stats. Please refer to the GameMe Stats & Commands page on how to use the commands for this plug-in.
Prop Bonus Round command
- sm_propplayer <#userid|name> - Allows admins to manually prop players for fun during normal game.
Spray Tracer commands (Full Version)
- sm_spray_dista (default: 50.0) - maximum distance the plugin will trace the spray
- sm_spray_refresh (default: 1.0) - How often sprays will be traced to show on HUD - 0.0 to disable feature
- sm_spray_bantime (default: 60) - How long the temporary ban is for - 0 to disable temporary banning
- sm_spray_burntime (default: 10) - How long the burn punishment is for. 0 to disable.
- sm_spray_slapdamage (default: 5) - How much damage the slap punishment is for. 0 to disable.
- sm_spray_drugtime (default: 0) - set the time a sprayer is drugged as a punishment. 0 to disable.
- sm_spray_adminonly (default: 0) - Changes showing the trace messages on HUD. 0 - Only admin can trace sprays 1 - All players can trace all sprays 2 - All players can trace all non-admin sprays.
- sm_spray_fullhud (default: 0) - Toggles showing sprayer's name and Steam ID(1) or just sprayer's name(0) on the HUD to non-admins
- sm_spray_fullhudadmin (default: 1) - Toggles showing sprayer's name and Steam ID(1) or just sprayer's name(0) on the HUD to admins
- sm_spray_enableslay (default: 0) - Enables (1) or disables (0) the use of Slay as a punishment.
- sm_spray_enablepban (default: 1) - Enables (1) or disables (0) the use of a Permanent Ban as a punishment.
- sm_spray_enablekick (default: 1) - Enables (1) or disables (0) the use of Kick as a punishment.
- sm_spray_enablebeacon (default: 0) - Enables putting a beacon on the sprayer as a punishment.
- sm_spray_enablefreeze (default: 0) - Enables the use of Freeze as a punishment.
- sm_spray_enablefreezebomb (default: 0) - Enables the use of Freeze Bomb as a punishment.
- sm_spray_enablefirebomb (default: 0) - Enables the use of Fire Bomb as a punishment.
- sm_spray_enabletimebomb (default: 0) - Enables the use of Time Bomb as a punishment.
- sm_spray_restrict (default: 0) - Enables (1) or disables (0) restricting admins with the "ban" flag's punishments. (1 = warn only, 0 = all)
- sm_spray_autoremove (default: 0) - Enables automatically removing sprays when a punishment is dealt.
- sm_spray_useimmunity (default: 1) - Enables or disables using admin immunity to determine if one admin can punish another.
- sm_spray_global (default: 1) - Enables or disables global spray tracking. If this is on, sprays can still be tracked when a player leaves the server.
- sm_spray_usehud (default: 1) - Enables or disables using the HUD for spray tracking. Works on supported games. If this is off, hint will be used.
- sm_spray_hudtime (default: 1.0) - How long the HUD messages are displayed.
- sm_spraytrace - Traces the spray in front of you and displays the punishment menu.
- sm_removespray - Removes the spray in front of you and displays the punishment menu
- sm_adminspray "name" - Sprays the player's spray in front of you
- "Trace Spray", "Remove Spray", and "Admin Spray" are also added on to the Server Commands admin menu.